Almost six years ago, Whims-n-Doodles (Grins & Giggles at the time) opened our doors to the public. In those days, we mainly sold custom artwork for nurseries and children’s rooms and a few bedding sets to accompany those designs. Over the years, we’ve moved and/or expanded five times. We started out by helping to furnish homes with beauty and happy vibes. We still do that, just with a much (muuuuch) larger selection of ways to do it! We went from a one room shop to a one-stop shop. We couldn’t be more pleased with the direction(s) Whims-n-Doodles has gone and are grateful for all of the friends we’ve made along the way.
We’ve changed a lot over the years, but we’ve never changed what we do best- celebrate the magic of childhood and the wonders of parenthood by creating positive, happy and healthy environments for children of all ages.
Today, we are thrilled to expand that celebration once again- to include you! Whimsy Whispers is our venue to connect with our customers, friends and families (many of these one in the same) and to share our thoughts, ideas and daydreams.
As the weeks and months progress, we hope that you will find this blog to be the same source of joy that we find all of you. You inspire us, brighten our day and enrich our understanding by sharing your experiences. We hope to do the same in return.
… and what better way to brighten a day than to have a GIVEAWAY?! Actually, we will be doing one giveaway a week (that’s FOUR!) for the whole month of August! First up is a Mama-To-Be Prize Pack that will astound and amaze you! (And hey, if you’re not pregnant, win it for a friend!) A winner will be announced on August 6th! Good luck and happy reading!
2. Chewbeads Hudson Necklace: Soft, non-toxic jewelry, which is colorful, chic and above all else, safe.
3. Best Loved Baby Names and Their Meanings by Tracey Zabar: This beautiful book provides a comprehensive list of names from the timeless and traditional to the trendy and exotic. Detailed information on their origin and meaning also helps to ensure that you pick just the right one to accompany your child through life.
4. Pronto Day Tripper Diaper Bag by Skip Hop: The Pronto is a portable diapering essentials kit that ensures that baby is always clean, dry and happy, and that mom and dad are always prepared. Drop it in any bag, strap it to your wrist or clip it to your stroller and you’re good to go!
5. Maruca Chica Bag: Grab, go and look great doing it. This handbag will become your favorite accessory.
6. Mom Essentials: A One-Stop Organizer For Moms On the Move By Amy Keroes: This incredibly handy, completely portable organizer includes everything a busy mom needs to take her show on the road: weekly calendar pages to keep track of family members’ schedules, directory pages to locate everyone from the kindergarten teacher to the carpet cleaner, planning pages for things like meals and vacations, as well as helpful sticky notes and tearout lists.
7. Peaceful Mama Tea from Earth Mama Angel Baby: USDA Certified 100% Organic Peaceful Mama Tea combines calming herbs in a delicious blend to help ease a mama’s busy head and agitated body. Works for anxious papas too!